Meli Landry Twitch/IGN Interviews breakdown
Full Demo Breakdown
Recap for Tuesday, June 10
(the stuff I picked up on, more below in the breakdown list)
- Open world exploration is purposeful; it strengthens the party and/or helps the citizens/denizens of the world.
- Adventuring earns the currency of power.
- Many different types of mounts besides horse to collect throughout the world. Different mounts will give you different perks. There will be "Lizardy" mounts.
- No level-scaling of areas.
- Tactical camera - view today's interviews, they explain the nifty stuff it can show you now.
- We will be able to jump.
- Dragons have been re-worked from the ground up. They will take specific targeting and teamwork to defeat.
- Crafted items made with parts from a downed dragon will be some of the best in-game.
- Still a single-player game.
- Game can be saved at will.
- You can level up the inquisition through research. You can research different things (arcane, for example), and it will unlock conversation (and other?) options.
- Female Qunari's face, The Iron Bull's face, and Dorian were shown.
- You can search for artifacts ("0/x Shards Spotted") - point at this time is unknown.
- How you got the mark on your hand is a major mystery.
- More romances in DA:I than
any other bioware game ever any Dragon Age before. This was revised since KOTOR had a LOT of them.
- More spells and upgrades than the previous games (Mike Laidlaw confirmed: 200+ spells/talents/upgrades total across all classes).
- You can miss potential companions, or you can anger them enough that they leave. It's even possible to finish the game with just one single companion.
- Leliana is confirmed as the Spymaster of the Inquisition.
- "Dramatic Hands Mustache Guy", or DHMG, confirmed as Dorian, a companion.
- Sera confirmed as female-only romance.
- There is a "focus" resource you build up through teamwork, which allows you to cast powerful spells like Haste that you wouldn't otherwise be able cast.
- Just the base story will take roughly 50 or so hours.
- Alix Wilton Reagan (Mhairi in Awakening, Samantha Traynor in Mass Effect 2) is voicing one of the lady inquisitors
Dragon Age Keep invites will be sent all week, so watch your mailboxes!
"Dragon Age: Last Flight
" new release date: September 16, 2014
More interviews coming this week during E3, but most appear to be un-announced ones, as the schedule only shows one more for tomorrow.
The only thing new heard on Wednesday (June 11) was that there is a possibility of modding support coming later. Hurray for modding!
Also, Timothy Watson (Bann Teagan in Dragon Age: Origins, Gamlen Amell Dragon Age 2) is NOT voicing one of the male Inquisitors as far as anyone can tell yet - so far it's just a rumor.
Recaps and Trailer breakdowns
E3 2014 Trailer Breakdown by Lady Insanity
(the demo NOT streamed, that only some at E3 saw)